Quite a few songs have been written about, or to raise awareness of, the inhumane conditions individuals and families experience that are forcefully constrained within the refugee camp on the South Pacific island of Nauru. A new collaboration between Luke Buda and Don McGlashan raises awareness about the issue. It has been reported that children are suffering within the refugee camp and Doctors Without Borders have raised their grave concerns over the matter.
We should all be able to agree that children do not belong in jail. At any moment.
Here are more organizations that work with refugee rights in the region:
- Asylum Seekers Centre (Sydney)
- Darwin Asylum Seekers Support & Advocacy Network (DASSAN)
- Hunter Asylum Seeker Awareness
- Labor for Refugees (NSW)
- Labor for Refugees (Vic)
- Refugee Action Collective Queensland
- Refugee Action Collective Victoria
- Refugee Action Committee Canberra
- Refugee Action Network Newcastle
- Refugee Rights Action Network (WA)
- Rethink refugees